Parking on Thursday Game Days
Dear Members of the Appalachian Community:
On August 21st an announcement was made about parking alternatives for the two Thursday night football games (October 22nd and November 5th). I have listened to concerns from our community and we will be implementing additional parking options beginning with the October 22nd game. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to develop solutions to keep our campus operating efficiently.
Following are a list of changes with the full plan listed below.
Additional Parking Changes:
- Parking until 3 p.m. for faculty and staff in the Legends Parking Lot
- Parking until 1 p.m. for students in the Stadium Lot
- Additional park and ride options at no charge for students, faculty and staff beginning at 7 a.m.
- Old Watauga High School campus lot located at NC 105 and High School Drive, Boone
- Commuter students who have concerns should contact the Parking & Traffic office at 828-262-2878
Thursday night football game parking plan:
- Faculty and Staff Parking:
- Rivers Street Parking Deck
- River Rivers Street Parallel Parking
- Hill Street Lot
- Greenwood Lot (Upper Side; spaces 1-126)
- Library Deck (until 3 p.m.)
- Student Recreation Center (until 3 p.m.)
- Half of the Peacock Lot (formerly Raley Lot - Rivers Street side; spaces 1-150)
- Edwin Duncan Octagon (all day.)
- Legends parking Lot (until 3 p.m.)
AppalCART will run regular routes and schedules from each of these locations to Peacock Circle and the Library Circle throughout the day.
- Student Parking (permit holders):
- Stadium Parking Lot (until 1 p.m.)
- River Street Parking Deck
- Park and Ride from the Old Watauga High School (NC 105 and High School Drive, Boone) begins at 7 a.m.
- Shuttle service is free for students, faculty and staff
- Beginning at 3 p.m., the shuttle will change routes and run from the Old High School lot to the East Gate Circle at Kidd Brewer Stadium
- After 3 p.m., those without a valid Yosef Club permit who wish to park in this lot may pay $15 to do so.
- Students who enter the lot prior to 3 p.m. may leave their cars in the Old Watauga High School lot until after the game at NO charge.
- Commuter students needing assistance should contact Parking & Traffic at 828-262-2878
- Students living on campus and who have a weekly permit may move their cars to the State Farm or South Broyhill Lots beginning at 5 p.m. Wednesday.