Search committee announcement for University General Counsel
In mid-July 2017, I announced University General Counsel Dayton Cole’s intention to retire effective June 1, 2018. With three decades of service to Appalachian, Dayton has dedicated the bulk of his career to supporting our campus’ students, faculty and staff. During his career, Dayton has received numerous recognitions and honors for his dedication and professional activities. Personally, I extend my sincere appreciation to Dayton for his commitment to Appalachian and for his collegiality in the good work we do each day.
The search committee for Appalachian’s next general counsel has been formed and is beginning its work in earnest. Search committee members include:
- Hank Foreman - Vice Chancellor and Chief of Staff, Committee Chair
- Mark Bachmeier - Director, Human Resources
- Sharon Bell - Associate Vice Chancellor, Business Affairs
- Dr. Jacqui Bergman - Chair, Department of Management
- Dr. Sue Edwards - Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, Academic Affairs
- Geoff Graham - Associate Vice Chancellor, University Advancement
- Katie Howard - Assistant Director, Grants Resources & Services, Office of Research
- Dr. Anatoli Ignatov - Faculty, Department of Sustainable Development
- Travis O’Shell - Student Representative, senior political science major
- Dr. Emmanuel Udogu - Faculty, Department of Government and Justice Studies
- Leroy Wright - Associate Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs
Please join me in thanking these committee members for their service on this important search. As the search moves forward, information can be found here.