Board of Trustees
The Appalachian State University Board of Trustees is a thirteen-member body that promotes the development of the institution within the functions prescribed by the UNC Board of Governors. The Board serves as advisor to the Board of Governors on matters pertaining to the University and also serves as advisor to the Chancellor concerning the management and development of Appalachian. The powers and duties of the Board of Trustees are primarily defined and delegated by the Board of Governors.
Individuals are appointed to four-year terms by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and the UNC Board of Governors. Included as a voting member of the Board is the President of Appalachian's Student Government Association. The President of Appalachian's Alumni Council, and Chairs of the Faculty Senate and Staff Senate serve as ex officio constituency representatives to the Board.
George M. Baldwin
James M. Barnes
M. Lee Barnes, Jr.
Donald C. Beaver
John M. Blackburn
Susan M. Branch
Robert C. Hatley
Student Government Association President
Charles V. Murray
Alice G. Roess
D. Kenan Smith
Carole P. Wilson
Alumni Council President
Paul H. Gates
Faculty Senate Chair
Staff Senate Chair
- Mar10Board of Trustees meeting (retreat session)Friday, March 10, 20179:00am-4:00pmParagon Bank Boardroom, located at 3535 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, N.C.
- Mar23↓24Board of Trustees meetingMarch 23-24, 2017
- Jun22↓23Board of Trustees meetingJune 22-23, 2017
- Sep21↓22Board of Trustees meetingSeptember 21-22, 2017
- Dec7↓8Board of Trustees meetingDecember 7-8, 2017
March 10, 2017 Meeting Materials
- Announcement (DOCX 14K)
- September 23, 2016 (PDF 278K)
- August 30, 2016 (conference call) (PDF 534K)
- July 14, 2016 (conference call) (PDF 5.72M)
- July 5, 2016 (conference call) (PDF 6.99M)
- June 24, 2016 (PDF 2.29M)
- June 11, 2016 (PDF 363K)
- March 24-25, 2016 (PDF 22.52M)
- January 29, 2016 (conference call) (PDF 2.59M)
- December 4, 2015 (PDF 16.63M)
- October 9, 2015 (PDF 2.27M)
- September 25, 2015 (PDF 3.51M)
- June 25-26, 2015 (PDF 2.80M)
- March 26-27, 2015 (PDF 8.29M)
- February 27, 2015 (PDF 730K)
Minutes are posted after being approved at the next Board meeting.